Dr Pedro Jesús Castillo Ortiz completed his PhD on Interpreting in the Media and Liaison Interpreting in Radio Settings at Heriot-Watt University (UK) in 2015. His PhD thesis is a pioneering work in the study of radio interpreting, focusing on organisational, interactional and discursive aspects of dialogue interpreting in live radio interviews. He also holds a MA in Translation and Interpreting (2003) from the University of Granada (UGR, Spain) and a Professional MSc in Communication and Media (UGR, 2005). Castillo Ortiz currently teaches Translation, Interpreting and English at the Universidad Europea del Atlántico (Santander, Spain). He worked as Spanish Language Assistant and Assistant Professor in the Department of Languages and Intercultural Studies at Heriot-Watt University (2006-2017) and as interpreting instructor at the Heriot-Watt Summer Course in Advanced Conference Interpreting (2010-2015). He has run Media Interpreting workshops for interpreting students and practitioners at Heriot-Watt University and elsewhere in Spain (e.g. UGR, University of Córdoba, Pompeu-Fabra University and University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria).
- Castillo, P. (2015) “Interpreting for the Mass Media.” In Mikkelson, H. and Jourdenais, R. (eds.): The Routledge Handbook of Interpreting. London: Routledge: 280-301.
- Castillo, P. (2015) Interpreting in the Media: Organisational, Interactional and Discursive Aspects of Dialogue Interpreting in Radio Settings. A study of Spain’s Radio 3. PhD Thesis. Edinburgh: Heriot-Watt University.
- Castillo, P. (2012) “Analysing Multilingual TV/Radio Production: Media Stakeholders’ Practical Perceptions and Awareness on Interpreting.” ICWE GmbH, Berlin: 82-85.
- Comte, G. and Castillo, P. (2011) The Behind the Scenes Journey of TV Interpreting. Short documentary directed by Geraldine Comte and Released in Media for All 2011, London. (Copyleft license by Creative Commons, 2011)
- Castillo, P. (2010) “The role of the broadcaster in an interpreter-mediated radio interview.” ICWE GmbH, Berlin: 96-99.
- Comte, G. and Castillo, P. (2010) The Role of the Broadcaster in an Interpreter-Mediated Radio Interview. Short documentary directed by Geraldine Comte and Released in Languages and the Media 2010, Berlin. (Copyleft license by Creative Commons, 2010)