Prior to joining UNINT as Junior Lecturer (ricercatore) in English Language and Translation in 2008, Annalisa Sandrelli taught at the universities of Trieste and Bologna at Forlì (2002-2007) and she was Marie Curie TMR Fellow (1999-2002) and Lector in Italian (1996-2002) at the University of Hull. Over the years she has taught a variety of modules in Interpreting, Film Language and Audiovisual Translation, Audiodescription and Respeaking. She has published widely on corpus-based interpreting studies, audiovisual translation, legal English, legal interpreting, and Computer Assisted Interpreter Training (CAIT). She has taken part in several EU-funded projects on legal interpreting and translation (Building Mutual Trust, Qualitas, Understanding Justice). She is a founding member of the Eurolect Observatory and of the LARIM interpreting research group. She has given talks and workshops on audiovisual translation in Italy (Bari, Macerata, Pisa, Ragusa, Venice, Viareggio, Trieste, Turin) and around the world (Antwerp, Barcelona, Berlin, Dubrovnik, Geneva, Roehampton, Surrey, UCL, Vitoria,). She is currently coordinating the DubTalk/TVTalk project on dubbing and subtitling; she is also participating in project SMART (Shaping Multilingual Access with Respeaking Technology) with the universities of Surrey and Vigo, and she is a consultant in project LTA Quality Training in real time subtitling across EU and EU languages.
She is a practicing interpreter and film translator.
- Bonsignori, V., Bruti S. & Sandrelli, A. (2018) “Paolo Virzì’s glocal comedy in English subtitles: An investigation into linguistic and cultural representation”, Perspectives, 26.
- Sandrelli A (2016) “Downton Abbey in Italian: not quite the same”, STATUS QUAESTIONIS, vol. 8.
- Sandrelli A (2016) “The dubbing of gay-themed TV series in Italy: corpus-based evidence of manipulation and censorship. ALTRE MODERNITÀ, Special issue Ideological Manipulation in Audiovisual Translation , p. 124-143.
- MA-level modules in Film Language and Translation;
- Audio description
- Respeaking (Italian)
- Respeaking (English)
- Subtitling (English and Spanish into Italian)
- Film translation for dubbing
- Training (in subtitling, film translation, AD, respeaking)